02. 5 Legal Tips for eComm Biz Owners
In this episode, Dawn interviews friend and lawyer Sean Delaney where they talk about 5 tips all eComm business owners should know.
Key Takeaways To Tune In For
- [01:20] Sean Delaney’s background
- [03:15] Common legal challenges entrepreneurs face
- [06:20] When you should reach out to a tax professional vs a lawyer for sales tax questions
- [09:30] Laws about shipping restrictions
- [11:20] Finding resources about shipping restrictions
- [14:55] Tips to finding a lawyer who specializes in interstate commerce
- [16:30] How to ensure you are following the children’s online privacy protection act on your eComm website
- [20:50] Having the right insurance for your business
- [23:00] When is the right time to get business insurance
- [27:55] Protecting your intellectual property
- [35:45] When you should file for a trademark and how to file for one
- [41:35] Episode recap
Visit our social media for more information
Ready for the support of partners you can count on?
In this episode, Dawn talks with sales expert Renee Hribar about how you can sell like a professional without feeling sleazy. They talk about all things sales and specifically how you can feel good about selling on social media. You won’t want to miss this episode.
In this episode, Dawn talks about why you should be wary of hiring anyone who doesn’t have an eCommerce background. After seeing so many of her clients come to her almost bankrupt, you’re going to want to listen to how you can avoid these mistakes.
Welcome to The eComm Profit podcast, where we talk about all things eComm and interview experts from all industries to help make your eComm store even more profitable. Join the conversation with your host, CEO and Founder of Digital Dawn.